- 1 How did French Revolution impact Europe?
- 2 How did the French Revolution play an important role in the evolution of democracy?
- 3 Which value of the French Revolution do you think inspired democracy all over the world?
- 4 What countries were inspired by the French Revolution?
- 5 What impact did Louis XIV have on France?
- 6 What were the causes of the French Revolution of 1848?
- 7 What were the social causes of revolt of 1857?
- 8 What are the main causes of Sepoy Mutiny?
- 9 What were the economic causes of revolt of 1857?
- 10 What are the political causes of revolt 1857?
- 11 What were the main causes of the failure of the revolt of 1857?
How did French Revolution impact Europe?
It put an end to the French monarchy, feudalism, and took political power from the Catholic church. It brought new ideas to Europe including liberty and freedom for the commoner as well as the abolishment of slavery and the rights of women.
How did the French Revolution play an important role in the evolution of democracy?
Answer: In the short term, the revolution did get rid of the monarchy and the aristocracy, but it did not lead to a democracy. Instead, the revolution provided a set of ideas. It was, of course, led by people espousing the ideas of ” liberty, fraternity, and equality.” ….
Which value of the French Revolution do you think inspired democracy all over the world?
Answer. Answer:The French Revolution was a historic event and inspired people all over the world. It spread the ideas of liberty, equality and fraternity and generated the spirit of nationalism. The feeling of brotherhood and oneness inspired people.
What countries were inspired by the French Revolution?
Impact on Europe
- French emigration.
- French conquests.
What impact did Louis XIV have on France?
He brought the French monarchy to its peak of absolute power and made France the dominant power in Europe. His reign is also associated with the greatest age of French culture and art. After the chaos of the Wars of Religion, the French monarchy had been reestablished by Louis XIV’s grandfather, Henry IV.
What were the causes of the French Revolution of 1848?
Social and political discontent sparked revolutions in France in 1830 and 1848, which in turn inspired revolts in other parts of Europe. Workers lost their jobs, bread prices rose, and people accused the government of corruption. The French revolted and set up a republic.
Social causes: Christianity arose in India as the Britishers had been established there. So there were many Hindus who transformed themselves into Christians. This hurt the Hindus as they left their own natural caste. Also the abolition of certain reforms such as sati, child marriage,etc.
What are the main causes of Sepoy Mutiny?
- Three major causes contributed to the Sepoy Mutiny.
- The military structure of the British East India Trading Company that separated employment of native Indian people based on the preexisting Indian cast system further exacerbated ideas of racial inequality between the British culture and the Indian culture.
What were the economic causes of revolt of 1857?
Economic Causes of 1857 Revolt
- Destruction of Agriculture. Under the British rule, there was a severe deterioration of the condition of Indian agriculture.
- Permanent Settlement System.
- Resentment Among Zamindars.
- Heavy Taxation.
- Destruction of Traditional Industries.
- Destruction of Trade.
- Protectionist Policies.
What are the political causes of revolt 1857?
The main political cause for the great revolt of 1857 was the policy of Doctrine of Lapse. It was an annexation policy purportedly used by Lord Dalhousie as per which any princely state or territory under the British East India Company would automatically be annexed if the ruler died without a male heir.
What were the main causes of the failure of the revolt of 1857?
- Lack of Planning and Co-ordination.
- Weak Leadership of the 1857 Mutiny.
- Superior British Army.
- Limited Supplies and Lack of Modern Communication.
- Lack of Societal Alternative.
- The Princes and Educated Classes did not participate.
- Limited Spread of the Revolt.