UGC release list of fake universities in India- Delhi tops the list of fake colleges
Beware, students…The admission season is just around the corner and many of you will be looking for colleges to begin a new chapter in your academic life. Before you do that we have a very important news for you. UGC (University Grants Commission) and All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) has released the list of fake universities all over the country which are cheating thousands of parents and students in the name of education.
In this era of fierce competition in the field of education, the top and most preferred colleges and universities are not able to accommodate all the students of the country. Therefore, many students have to take admission in private colleges which are recognised by UGC. However, many people are taking advantage of the situation by opening fake or unrecognised universities. Since many students are not aware of this and they end up taking admission in such universities and colleges and ruin their future and money. These universities don’t have any authority to grant the degrees. The degrees and certificates issued by such colleges are nothing but a piece of paper.
According to UGC, there are 23 fake universities and 279 technical institutes operating in the country without the authority to confer degrees.
Out of the 23 fake universities running in India without the permit of UGC, Uttar Pradesh leads the list with nine unrecognised universities and Delhi follows with seven such universities.
Delhi has emerged as the fake capital with the maximum number of fake colleges (66) which is the highest in India.
Maharastra, Telangana, West Bengal, Uttar Pradesh also have a considerable number of fake technical institutes.
In an annual review, All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and UGC last month put out a list of such fake institutes on their websites, warning students ahead of the new academic session that begins from next month.
Mahendra Nath Pandey, the minister of state for human resource development said in the Rajya Sabha recently that the ministry had already written to state governments to investigate the matter and register police complaints against such fake universities.
Here we are presenting you the list of fake universities which are blacklisted by UGC so that you won’t fell into their trap.
LIST OF FAKE UNIVERSITIES IN INDIA
1) Maithili University/Vishwavidyalaya, Darbhanga, Bihar.
2) United Nations University, Delhi.
3) Commercial University Ltd., Daryaganj, Delhi.
4) Vocational University, Delhi.
5) Indian Institute of Science and Engineering, New Delhi.
6) ADR-Centric Juridical University, ADR House, 8J, Gopala Tower, 25 Rajendra Place, New Delhi – 110 008.
7) Viswakarma Open University for Self-Employment, Rozgar Sewasadan, 672, Sanjay Enclave, Opp. GTK Depot, Delhi-110033.
8) St. John’s University, Kishanattam, Kerala.
9) Badaganvi Sarkar World Open University Education Society, Gokak, Belgaum, Karnataka.
10) Raja Arabic University, Nagpur, Maharashtra.
13) Mahila Gram Vidyapith/Vishwavidyalaya, (Women’s University) Prayag, Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh.
14)Indraprastha Shiksha Parishad, Institutional Area,Khoda,Makanpur, Noida Phase-II, Uttar Pradesh.
15) National University of Electro Complex Homeopathy, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh.
16) Uttar Pradesh Vishwavidyalaya, Kosi Kalan, Mathura, Uttar Pradesh.
17) Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose University (Open University), Achaltal, Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh.
18) Gandhi Hindi Vidyapith, Prayag, Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh.
19) Varanaseya Sanskrit Vishwavidyalaya, Varanasi (UP) Jagatpuri, Delhi.
20) Maharana Pratap Shiksha Niketan Vishwavidyalaya, Pratapgarh, Uttar Pradesh.
21) Gurukul Vishwavidyala, Vridanvan, Uttar Pradesh.
11) Institute of Alternative Medicine and Research,8-A, Diamond Harbour Road, Builtech inn, 2nd Floor, Thakurpurkur, Kolkatta – 700063
12) Indian Institute of Alternative Medicine, Kolkatta.
22) North Orissa University of Agriculture & Technology, Odisha.
23) Nababharat Shiksha Parishad, Anupoorna Bhawan, Plot No. 242, Pani Tanki Road, Shaktinagar, Rourkela-769014.
About Common Proficiency Test: CPT stands for Common Proficiency Test and it is the entrance exam to become a Chartered
What is Pilot: Every Student wants to know how to become a pilot and wants to get a commercial pilot license?